PennDOT has implemented long-term detours on several roads in Columbia County due to damage from the recent flooding.
- Route 339 between Dog Town Road and Shadow Mountain Lane in Beaver Township. The detour is Scotch Valley Drive, Beaver Valley Road and Shadow Mountain Lane.
- Route 1020 (Winding Road) between Route 487 and Ridge Road in Fishing Creek Township. The detour is Route 487, Route 239, Bendertown Road and Ridge Road.
- Route 1022 (Zaners Bridge Road) between Route 487 and Bendertown Road in Fishing Creek Township. The detour is Route 487, Route 239 and Bendertown Road.
- Route 4009 (Millville Road) between Route 42 in Hemlock Township and Route 11 in the Town of Bloomsburg. A detour is Route 42 and Route 11.
- Route 4025 (Ants Hill Road) between the Montour County line and Liuzza Road in Madison Township. The detour is Ridge Road and Route 44.
The department currently is assessing the extent of the damage to these roads and will evaluate any repairs that need to be made. The roads are expected to be closed into September.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 860 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.