Motorists in north central Pennsylvania are advised the following roads are closed in the area today due to flooding or downed trees and utilities.
Updated 9:00 AM
- Route 339 between Dog Town Road and Creekside Lane in Beaver Township.
- Route 487 between Route 54 and Southern Columbia High School in Franklin Township.
- Route 2009 (Mainville Drive) between Routes 487 in Catawissa Township and 339 in Main Township.
- Route 2024 (Beaver Valley Road) between Mountain Road and Route 2026 (Mountain Shadow Road) in Beaver Township.
- Route 4011 (Millerton Road) between Bottom Road in Greenwood Township and Route 4022 Hill Road in Mount Pleasant Township.
- Route 44 between Eckel Drive in Porter Township and Furnace Run Road in Watson Township.
- Route 1003 (Wallis Run Road) between Route 1004 (Southard Avenue) and Logue Hill Road in Gamble Township.
- Route 4001 (Elk Creek Road) between Route 87 in Hillsgrove and Route 154 in Elkland Township.
- Route 187 between Battle Creek Road and Cotton Hollow Road in Windham Township.
PennDOT cautions motorists to never drive through flooded roadways, as it takes just two feet of fast-moving water to float a car. Anyone who drives around barriers intended to close a road can face increased penalties if emergency responders are called to rescue motorists who disregard traffic control signs.
Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 950 traffic cameras. 511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.